Enjoing a comptemplative life

Enjoing a comptemplative life
Enoying a comtemplative life

Saturday, February 2, 2013

What I Leaarned From Punxsutawney Phil.



What I Learned From Punxsutawney Phil

Today is my birthday. A grand day to be silly and make other people happy,  

I’ve been having fun all week telling people it’s my birthday.  They say, “Happy Birthday.” The happy floats around like good cold germs and makes us a little happier.   People have fun saying it and I have fun collecting birthday wishes. 
   
I dare you to be funny, silly, happy. You'll infect the people around you (and probably burns calories).  I was so proud of Margaret and Jesse when Rev. Sue Gillespie said, “Jess and Margaret want to welcome you to their wedding.  They want you to have fun.” And we did. 

I have a new dog—a story all its own—and we laugh as she tries to run on the hardwood floor. Her back feet scrabble for a while before she gets traction and takes off.  Little children are made to be laughed too. And silly signs like the one at the Chinese buffet that says, “Children should be cautious.” Definitely children should. But would they still be children? 

Face it, we will always have crying and sad. It takes a little more work to have happy and funny. So today I’m going to wear my ground hog day shirt, the one I bought while having fun in Punxsutawney visiting Phil.  . I’m going to wear my happy birthday crown and my official ground hog necklace.
I’m going to be silly. A great way to make other people happy.

4 comments:

  1. You have always been good at making fun and happy - it is one of (the main one?) your gifts! Glad you are in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Rev, Susan Gillespie. I didn't know you got ordained. :) "Patty Pillow"

      Delete
  2. I love your work Leslee. But girl, you even misspelled the title! Proofread, proofread, proofread. Or was that you having fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday again! So glad I couldshare it with you in some way.

    ReplyDelete