Enjoing a comptemplative life

Enjoing a comptemplative life
Enoying a comtemplative life

Saturday, February 11, 2012

What I Learned on my Ground Hog’s Day Birthday



My friends are nuts. Maybe that is just a condition of being friends with me. Sane people look at me and say, “Run, run, run as fast as you can . . .” but people who are just a little (or a lot) off say, “Hmm, she looks like an interesting person . . . “  

One of my friends, a cake artist, made a birthday cake that depicted the truck that is driven by the main character in my book.  Lutie, the main character, backs her books in a retired U-Haul truck and runs away from home. Have you ever had a U-Haul truck cake for your birthday?  

I just sent the book away for an agent to look at, so several of my friends included Lutie in their wishes for a great year. Just as if Lutie is a real person in their heads too! 

Another one posted a picture of my grandmother’s paint-by-number Last Supper on her web site. Of course, under the paint by number is a sign from my now defunct purse business. The sign says, “The larger the purse the smaller the body appears.”  She saw some humor those two things together!

Another friend made a sign that included valentines to and from my book characters, and another drew me a cute ground hog to hang on my wall. My sister sang me the groundhog song, (call her if you want to hear it).  Shayna made me art that looked child-like because she said I didn’t have any art from when she was a little kid. 

My friend Diane, the ground hog painter, also made me a lovely painted stick so I could smack the boys if they get out of line at our writer’s meetings on Saturdays.  

And to the rest of you who posted on my face book, or sent cards or called?  I was blessed beyond belief by all of you. I’m gonna have fun as a 56- year- old- kid and I want all of you to come along with me. And reserve next Ground Hog’s Day to come to my house for another birthday party!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I missed a fantastic birthday bash! Thanks for sharing your joy. We had a wonderful time on our cruise. Very restful, but no writing. Happy, happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete