Enjoing a comptemplative life

Enjoing a comptemplative life
Enoying a comtemplative life

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What I Learned From My Own Silence


What I Learned From My Own Silence

Okay, so it has been nearly a month since I blogged to all-y’all. I have missed all of you. It was fun and a little thrilling to see who said what about my blog. I was eager to see who posted what after every blog.

And it’s not like things haven’t been happening here. I even have a list of blog subjects to write about.
So what is the problem, you ask?

I have been discouraged. 

I kinda wanted to throw in the towel, sort of crawl in a book-lined hole and read the rest of my life away.  Only I have known people who did that. Their lives didn’t make much of a dent on the lives of the rest of the people they knew. And I have this pesky notion that I am supposed to impact somebody somewhere. The only person I impact if I sit around all the time and read is the librarian. I guess I help her keep her job, but I would do that anyhow. 

 And it occurred to me that one way to stop being lonely, depressed, discouraged, and self-pitying, is to reach out people again. I can re-connect with friends I let slide around me and I can write to all of you again.
So, just to make if official, I’m back and I’m taking the cure. You all are part of that cure. My glad responsibility to reach out to all of you. 

So, hi, I’m here and feeling better now that I’ve said that. 

Want to know what the other blog subjects are?? You’ll have to stay tuned to find out. I’ll talk to you again later this week.  I’m looking forward to it. I hope you are too.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Leslee-- I love reading blog posts to see what other writers are up to and doing--sounds like you were in a slump but good to read that you aren't anymore. I was the same way this spring but eventually we always bounce back out if we love to be with people--which I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for avoiding the book-lined hole! Courage - Jesus moves forward...keep following. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to comment on your latest blog and realized that I had never registered as an official member, despite reading all of them and having your blog on my Bookmarks Favorites. So it is time to tell you that I very much enjoying following your blog and to ask you to continue writing. I don't know if the writer's conference discouraged you, or if it was something else, but let me put in my 2 cents. I spend a huge amount of my art professor career being critical of flaws in student work (and some pros too) and we often forget to point out all the great accomplishments in our interest in helping the artists improve where there might still be a weakness. We often suggest students to bring a friend to their big critiques because the friend can remember and remind about the positive comments when all the "victim" hears are the negatives. I often hear about one of those critiques as having been "brutal" when I know that 90% was positive. We dwell on the tiniest criticism and dismiss the rest as "they were just trying to be nice". But if the negatives from a qualified reviewer were sincere and valid- so are the positives. And it is also useful to review all the basic criticisms that never even were brought up in respect for the advanced professionalism evidenced in the work.

    Long, and perhaps off-base, post. But many are reading and enjoying your work- so be encouraged and keep us in mind, even if we wait too long to show our appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. There are those days that take us to a dark and lonely place. But I have found doing something for someone else offers them a gift and reaching out by giving brings me joy. Some days I try a surprise that is unexpected by the friend or family member or even a stranger. IF i work it right they may not even know who gifted them. - All my words are just to say I have been where you have found yourself. And now you have gifted me through this blog. Blessings dear one. KEEP SHARING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you didn't recede into the book lined hole. (Though now and then that sounds pretty dang good, so I wouldn't give the idea up entirely - well unless you were to adapt it to a book-lined beach or forest, I could go there). I have been eavesdropping on your posts for years, and said nothing. So here's something. I always know your posts will have a positive message, and I never miss one. You are the wind beneath my wings, Leslee, so know that you are doing what you feel called to do, in spades. Ha! Love ya, girl. Onward Lutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed your name in my inbox - and your words that make me smile or think of something familiar in a new way. Thank you for blessing us with your thoughts....

    ReplyDelete