Enjoing a comptemplative life

Enjoing a comptemplative life
Enoying a comtemplative life

Sunday, January 15, 2012

What I Learned From Ayden


Ayden came to visit today. He will be two on March 5th.  Excited to be here, he ran through the kitchen into the dining room, into the living room, and back. He played his version of fetch with my little dog Sammy, happy to throw the ball and then help her chase it. He was delighted that we have a few cars to play with and some Honey Nut Cheerios.  

I want to be more like him. Happy with what I’ve got. Grateful.  Ayden’s too innocent to think we might be making fun of him, or he might look dweeby as he plays.

Lately, weird as it might sound, I’ve imagined Jesus as a guy behind a huge desk ready to write in an appointment book. Of course He is much more than that, but right now, when I am tempted to worry, I imagine me walking into His office. His office is always open. He’s ready to talk to you and me and anybody in Singapore, or Sydney, or Seattle, or Somewhere. He can give us individual attention all at the same time. Pretty cool, huh?

So when I walk into his office, I tell Him what I think the jobs for the next day are. I ask Him to arrange them and to put in whatever He wants. 

Then when I wake up I can run around in my day and be happy, because somebody who really knows how to plan can get it done. He even gives me the talent and energy to do it.   

So when I grow up I want to be like Ayden. He looked like he was having so much fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment