Enjoing a comptemplative life

Enjoing a comptemplative life
Enoying a comtemplative life

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What I Learned From The Cat


I should be more like the cat.
 
 She jumps up. I pet her and tell her she’s wonderful and she closes her eyes and purrs.  I think she’s grinning too. I usually type with a wireless keyboard in my lap instead of a stripped cat. But I can’t really get any work done. 

So I pet her then gently put her on the floor. She leaves the office then comes back and insists she must sit in my lap. So then we go through the whole thing again. This has happened four times this morning. I can’t work with a cat in my lap and she can’t find a comfortable spot in this whole house except in my nice warm lap. 

So how many times have I been too polite or proud to ask for a hug when I need one? Stripey (can you guess what she looks like from her name?) seems to think comfort is her due. My lap exists to make her feel comforted, warm and loved. 

She never questions her right to be petted and loved. She never thinks she is a burden or that she is taking up my valuable time. She wants/ needs a hug and some contact so she makes herself at home. She doesn’t care if I’m writing the next great American novel.

I am determined to be more like the cat. So the next time I see you get ready. If I need a hug I’m going to ask for one. I hope you need one too, because you’re going to get one back. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Leslee--Maybe I'll have to rethink my hatred of cats . . .

    ReplyDelete