Enjoing a comptemplative life

Enjoing a comptemplative life
Enoying a comtemplative life

Thursday, September 20, 2012

What I Learned Traveling tothe Grand Canyon 1

Greetings from St. Joseph Missouri ! We are heading west in the convertable. So far we have traveled about 1400 miles and we are still speaking to each other. I think we are, let me check.
Les: Roger?
Roger: What? I'm trying to read.
Les: Oops.
 Well maybe I shouldn't bother him now.

Anyhow mostly we are having fun, watching Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Missouri roll by.  We looked at the land of Linclon and the land of Mark Twain.  We looked at an oplulent Frank Lloyd Wright house, and the little house that Abe Linclon owned, and even littler house that Mark Twain lived in in Hannibal.

We are going to find out about the pony express and Jesse James and Harry Truman,  tomorrow.

And we are finding out how to give each other space when we are in a small car and one room in a hotel. So far so good.

Sometimes its okay to chat and sometimes its okay to be quiet. And we have to invent ways to do that without bugging each other too much.

So . . .  here goes
Les: Roger?
Roger: Hmm?
Les: I love you.
Roger: I love you too, Babe.

That always works!

2 comments: