Enjoing a comptemplative life

Enjoing a comptemplative life
Enoying a comtemplative life

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I Learned From My Friend Susan



Today Susan gave me a push.  I needed one.  I made a lot of creative glass tableware by gluing beautiful pieces of glass together to make candy dishes, vases, chip and dip servers, candlesticks, etc.  I thought they were great.  “One of these days I’ll find somewhere to sell them,” I said. 

After a few “No, thank yous,” I shoved my artsy glass dream onto the back burner and left it there. 
Then Susan came along. Now Susan is a laid back California girl, but she urged me to keep looking for a venue. She took me to Tunkhannock, boldly carried the tub full of glass art into the vender and expected me to start talking. 

I had convinced myself that nobody wanted what I offered but the vender thought I made art. When the vender suggested a way to display it, Susan and I ran around town and got some silk flowers and starlight peppermints for vases and candy dishes.  

I let myself get a little creative in the display. I signed a contract, and my things looked really nice adored with candlesticks and peppermints and flowers. 

If it wasn’t for Susan all my art would still be packed away in the basement. She calmly believed I made art. I had no confidence until she lent me some.  Sometimes, I wish I was still twelve. I knew then that I was unique, creative, beautiful. I didn’t have to have anybody tell me.  

But I’m sure glad Susan told me today.  I never could have done it without her steady help. I really do need my friends.  Thanks to all of you for all the times you believe in me so I can too.

PS Shop at FRIENDS  on Tioga Street (main street) Tunkhannock. Great name, huh? And great art!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you have your art for sale now, Leslee! Next time I'm in Tunkhannock, I'll stop in and take a look.

    You have been that kind of friend to me . . . believing in me and cheering me on. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unique is great! What I love about you is that you are yourself. I have always enjoyed you just being you. Please don't let anyone define you, change you or make you into less of Leslee. My plan is to find Friends and look for your special gift in glass.
    Keep being creative with words and glass and how you see life around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try to go tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I get to Tunkhannock, I'll check out your work, Les. Anywhere in this area carrying your glass?

    ReplyDelete